Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Nothing Can Separate Us

         I cannot believe how fast this summit has gone. Tomorrow is our last day and God has really been working at the church. All of Happy Heart City knows that none of this would have been possible without God's help. Last night was the first night of testimonies and I heard that there were a few people lined up. Praise God that He has been working in the hearts of people here in Altoona.   
        One thing that the girls are doing together is a devotional book called True Woman 101 Divine Design. It is a book written by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Mary A. Kassian. I am so excited to go through it, and I would recommend it for all the ladies out there. It tells about what True Womanhood is all about. Nancy is a great author and I would recommend checking out her stuff. You can go online at www.truewoman.com and look at what she does. I would encourage all ladies and young ladies to listen to her radio program. She is a great woman who loves the Lord.
       God has really been working in my life recently, just by showing me what I need to change before I can "help" others. Just like it says in Matthew 7:5- "First take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." But God has revealed things to me and I have given them up to Him. Nothing feels as freeing as when you give anything up to God.
       I was reading through Max Lucado quotes and came upon this one:
"The Bible is the story of two gardens: Eden and Gethsemane. In the first, Adam took a fall. In the second, Jesus took a stand. In the first, God sought Adam. In the second, Jesus sought God. In Eden, Adam hid from God. In Gethsemane, Jesus emerged from the tomb. In Eden, Satan led Adam to a tree that led to his death. From Gethsemane, Jesus went to a tree that led to our life.”
― Max Lucado-
Romans 8:38-39:  "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,  neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment