Friday, September 7, 2012

Altoona, PA


Hey guys,

So we left the camp on August 30 and arrived in Altoona, PA on the 31st. Me and Allison are staying together in a host home. So far I am loving it. They are great people and they are on fire for the Lord. The husbands daughter traveled with Life Action back in 2004, so he is aware of what we do. The first day in Happy Heart City was interesting. We had 4 kids in the Sunday school hour and 5 teachers. We were all up doing a song and none of the kids were doing anything. Later on through the day they got more active in participating though. It has been an encouragement to hear the kids recite what they learned.

                God has really been working in my heart and showing me where I need to step up… I know its Him and not me because I don’t usually think in the ways that I have been. The other day, He put a picture of a dog in my mind, and told me that is how I am to love Him. I need to be excited about spending time with God and eager to see Him when I have been away. I need to want to be everywhere with God, and to miss Him when I walk away.

                Another thing that God has been doing is changing my attitude. I noticed it right away and the first thing I said was “THANK YOU! I know I couldn’t do it on my own!” There has been no shortage of God’s love and mercy being poured out into my life as well as the teams lives. I can honestly say that this is the best place for me to be right now, right where God has called me.

                So far I have taught 2 lessons and they have gone very well. God definitely has given me grace throughout this week and I am so grateful. The kids seem to be receptive and somewhat focused on the lesson. Please be in prayer for continued revival after we leave the church.

                I will keep you all updated!

Thank you so much for your prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You are growing so much! So happy to hear the updates.

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete